Apply For Financial Aid
Applying for financial aid is an annual process.
A new FAFSA must be submitted for each academic year.
No financial aid awards will be made until all required information is submitted.
2019- 2020 FAFSA (Priority deadline March 1, 2019)
Covers Fall 2019, Spring 2020, Summer 2020
Uses 2017 income tax and wage information
2020-2021 FAFSA (Final deadline, September 2020)
Covers Fall 2020, Jterm 2021, Spring 2021, Summer 2021
Uses 2018 income tax and wages information
Additional information on applying for Summer Aid, can be found here
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the school year you are planning to attend. The FAFSA can be completed online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. PLEASE NOTE: The School Code for FCC is 002071 (Step 6). You will need specific income information, such as completed tax forms, to complete the FAFSA. If you have questions or need assistance, contact the Federal Processor at 1.800.433.3243 or FCC Financial Aid at 301.846.2480. Click here to view or print Road Map for Financial Aid.
- If you are a new student, complete the FCC Admissions Application. In order to receive financial aid, you must be pursuing an approved academic degree or certificate program at FCC. (Your FAFSA will not load into our system unless you have a Student ID number).
- Your FAFSA will be processed in approximately one week (if you apply online) and you will receive a Student Aid Report. If you listed FCC in Step 6 of the FAFSA, we will receive your information electronically.
- Financial Aid at FCC will contact you regarding any additional information needed to determine your financial aid eligibility.
- A separate application must be completed if you want to apply for Federal Work Study and Student Assistant employment. Those applications are available here.
- To apply for Federal Direct or Federal Parent PLUS loans, complete the appropriate loan paperwork. Forms will be mailed to students once their eligibility has been determined or can be obtained from Financial Aid. In order to apply for a PLUS or Direct Loan, you must have completed a FAFSA and submit required documentation to Financial Aid.
- If you are interested in FCC Foundation scholarships, click on the Academic Works Scholarships link.
You may schedule an appointment with a financial aid counselor by calling 301.846.2620.
Printable Road Map for application process