Welcome to FCC Veteran and Military Services (VMS). We are excited to work with you as you pursue your educational and career goals.
- All new students are required to submit the electronic VMS intake form prior to scheduling an appointment. Once you submit the intake form, we will email you a checklist of “next steps” to complete along with the link to schedule an intake appointment with a VMS staff member.
- If you have already applied for a VA Educational Benefit and have a Certificate of Eligibility or a Transfer of Benefit letter, please email it to Veteran and Military Services using the Secure Document Submission form or bring it to your intake appointment.
- If you have any prior college transcripts, please submit them to Records and Registration for evaluation of transferrable credit. FCC will accept up to 45 transfer credits toward an FCC program of study.
- Attend the Veteran and Military Services Orientation program for new students. (Details will be provided at your intake appointment.)
VMS staff provide academic advising services to military affiliated family members. We will work with you to identify your academic and career goals and assist you in developing a plan to meet those goals. If you have already completed an intake appointment with us, schedule an Advising Appointment with our office to develop a plan and to register for your classes.
Paying for College
As a military affiliated family member, you may have several options to consider for financing your education. VMS staff will discuss the various options with you during your appointment.
- VA Educational Benefits: FCC is approved by the Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) for the training of eligible veterans, their dependents, and active duty personnel. FCC may certify enrollment to the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) for approved programs of study. If you are unsure which type of VA education benefit you qualify for, you may contact the VA Call Center by phone at 1.888.442.4551 or visit the VA website. You will need to provide your social security number and your sponsor’s social security number when you make the call.
- My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) Scholarship Program: MyCAA is a workforce development program that provides up to $4,000 of financial assistance to eligible military spouses who are pursuing a license, certification, or associate degree in a portable career field and occupation. Eligible spouses include spouses of service members on Active Duty or under Title 10 orders, with pay grades of E1 through E-5, W1 through W-2, or O-1 through O-2.
- Financial Aid and Scholarships: Students may apply for local, state, and federal aid options including scholarships, grants, work-study positions, and student loans. FCC Financial Aid staff are available to discuss options.
In-State Tuition Rate
Please refer to the FCC Residency Policy for information regarding tuition and fees for veterans, military members, and dependents.