Reverse Transfer Reverse Transfer

Reverse Transfer

How can I be an FCC graduate after transferring to my four-year or other two-year college? If you have attended FCC and transferred before earning your associate degree, you are a candidate for Reverse Transfer!


What is Reverse Transfer?

Reverse Transfer is the simple process by which a former FCC student may complete an FCC associate degree while working on requirements at another two- or four-year college.  Students who begin their education at FCC and transfer to another institution may complete their associate degree requirements while working toward a bachelor’s degree.

What are the minimum qualifications for Reverse Transfer?

Students must have at least 15 FCC resident credits and a minimum 2.000 GPA to graduate with an associate degree.  Program-specific graduation requirements apply.

What are the steps for Reverse Transfer?

Prior to registering for classes at another institution for transfer back to FCC as part of your degree program, please complete the Verification of Transferability Form.

When remaining degree requirements have been completed at your transfer college, send an official transcript to FCC at the following address:

Frederick Community College
Attn: Registration
7932 Opossumtown Pk.
Frederick, MD 21702

1. Apply for graduation online in your FCC PeopleSoft Student Center or by completing the FCC Graduation Application Form.  Be sure to include a current email address and mailing address.

2. You will be notified of your graduation status via email within one month of application.

3. Diplomas are mailed to students following posting of degrees.

4. All graduates are invited to participate in the upcoming commencement ceremony. 

Why should I graduate via Reverse Transfer?

  • Add a valuable educational achievement to your resume
  • Increase your earning potential and job qualifications
  • Receive the degree you deserve

Is there a cost for Reverse Transfer?

There is no cost for official transcript review, degree posting, diplomas, or commencement ceremony.  In other words, there is no cost for Reverse Transfer at FCC.

Which associate degree am I eligible for?

Some students may meet all requirements for their previously-declared FCC major.  Many students choose to earn an Associate of Arts degree in General Studies.  Please select your desired degree(s)/certificate(s) on the Graduation Application Form.

Can I participate in the FCC commencement ceremony?

Yes! All graduates are invited to participate in the Commencement ceremony.  Ceremony information may be found on the FCC Commencement Website.  Please note- there is no cost to participate in Commencement.

Who should I contact with questions?

Registration and Records, Jefferson Hall (J-101) or email Registration & Records.