FCC Family Festival Sept 21
Frederick Community College will host the FCC Family Festival on Saturday, Sept. 21, 2019, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Carl & Norma Miller Children’s Center. A one-mile kids’ fun run will kick off the festivities at 9:30.
The festival and fun run are free and open to the public. All activities will take place near the Children’s Center at the rear of the main campus on Opossumtown Pike (click here for campus map.)
Families and children of all ages will have an opportunity to enjoy:
- Trackless train ride
- Face painters
- Balloon artists
- Hands-on games
- Cotton candy and popcorn
- Magician Roger Lindsay
- Musical fun with Mr. Hyson
- Frederick County Public Libraries Bookmobile
- Catoctin Creek Nature Center
- Safe Kids Frederick County
- Light refreshments including barbecue chicken and beef sliders, hot dogs, homemade chips, lemonade and water (while supplies last)
- Children’s Center tours
- Games with FCC student athletes
Entertainers (under the big tent):
One Mile Kids’ Fun Run
The one-mile kids’ fun run is open to children 12 and under and will begin at 9:30 near the FCC softball field. The timed run will take place on a paved walking trail at the rear of the campus (click here for run map). Participants should arrive by 9:15 to check in and submit a signed waiver (parents). Please find the waiver here. The run and walking path loops around the softball field, Children’s Center, baseball field, and ends near the soccer practice field. The College is grateful to the Frederick Steeplechasers for its donation of the finish-line clock.
Please note that this is a “fun run.” A few rules. Runners will:
- be 12 years old and under
- stay on marked, paved path
- stay to the right of cones/markers
- stay to the right of any oncoming runners at turnarounds
- not use bicycles, skateboards, roller skates, roller blades, scooters, or mechanized vehicles; or have animals
- not push or interfere with other participants
- follow instructions of event organizers and volunteers.
Families with strollers and young children will be asked to start the fun run at the end of the group start. Thank you to for providing the water bottles for participants. Volunteers will be available to assist young runners.
For more information about the festival or fun run, please contact Mike Pritchard at email@example.com or 301.846.2417.