Registration & Records is pleased to announce a new, convenient transcript service through a partnership with Parchment for current and former college students. The new service allows students to order their official transcripts online to be sent electronically or through the mail (USPS). This new service is an enhancement and an addition to our previous options. Please review the directions below to select the option that works best for you.
Requestors should be FCC students, and alumni, not a third party or a family member. Note: Transcripts are FERPA protected documents and are handled according to confidentiality and privacy rules and guidelines. (Read more about Privacy and Access to Education Records here (Privacy Act
HOW TO REQUEST OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS:
FCC uses Parchment, an electronic transcript ordering service to process electronic transcript requests. Once you've created an account with Parchment, you can access your account at any time to request additional transcripts or view and track your transcript orders.
FEMA Students -
Instructions for ordering official transcripts are located on the Credit Conversion Page.
- Login to Parchment. Through a simple, secure registration system, current students and alumni, set up an account (new users) or login to Parchment (returning users). Students pay $5.00 for electronic delivery per transcript and $7.50 for transcripts sent through the mail. Students can expect transcripts requested through Parchment to be processed within 24 hours. Student who are waiting for grades or for degree/certificates to be awarded should view their transcript in PeopleSoft before placing an order. No refunds will be issued for orders requested prior to the posting of grades/diplomas/certificates/LORs.
- Login to PeopleSoft Self Service. Current students (enrolled in the last 2 years) with a student ID number can request transcripts through their Student Self Service portal. You must know your 7-digit student ID number to use this service. ID numbers will not be given out over the phone. Current students who request transcripts through PeopleSoft Self Service can expect transcripts to be processed within 3-5 business days. There is no charge for transcripts processed through the Student Self Service portal.
ELECTRONIC DELIVERY From Parchment:
While electronic transcripts are widely accepted, confirm with your recipients that they will accept this format before ordering. An electronic (secure, certified PDF
) transcript is “official” in its electronic form as long as it is not altered. Each time the file is opened, it will be certified electronically (internet connection required
) to ensure that it has not been altered. A printed copy of a PDF transcript may not be considered official.
- Students with outstanding financial obligations should contact Student Accounts at 301.624.2860. No transcripts will be processed if a student has a financial hold on their account.
- If you are currently enrolled, please check to make sure all of your current grades and potential degree awarding have been posted to your transcript prior to ordering your official transcript through Parchment. You can verify this by reviewing your unofficial transcript in PeopleSoft Self Service.
- For students who need to include additional paperwork with their transcript, you may attach documentation during the requesting stage in Parchment.
- You can login to your Parchment account at any time to track your order. Go to the Parchment Storefront, login, and click the “Order Status” tab at the top of the page to keep track of your orders.
- If you request a transcript using Parchment and your intended recipient is another institution, DO NOT send the transcript to yourself and then forward it. It will not be considered official and you will have to pay for another transcript to be sent. Be sure to have the correct contact information for the institution or employer you are sending the transcript to.
- There will be a $5.00 fee to request an official electronic transcript through Parchment, and a $7.50 fee for those delivered via the mail. Additional costs are incurred if requesting international mailing, or expedited delivery. Students will need a bank debit card or credit card to make payment when submitting a request through Parchment.
- Former students may still request an official transcript with no fee by downloading the FCC Transcript Request Form. The completed form with the student’s signature may be mailed, faxed, e-mailed or dropped off in person. Information on how and where to send the form is located at the bottom of the form. Please allow 3-5 business days for processing with no fees. This does not include postal time for mail delivery.
- FCC Transcript Request Forms received by the college without a signature will be returned to the student for completion.
- A paper transcript is “official” as long as it remains in a sealed envelope. Do not open the sealed envelope if you are forwarding the document to another party (an institution, employer or other person). Open the envelope only if you have ordered the transcript for personal use.
- A photo ID is required when picking up a transcript in person at FCC. Unofficial transcripts are available on campus at Registration & Records or in PeopleSoft Self Service.
- FEMA students may still request an official or unofficial transcript with no fee by downloading the FEMA Transcript Request Form. Please allow 3-5 business days for processing with no fees. This does not include postal time for mail delivery.
- FEMA students with current credit conversion orders should not request a transcript until receiving an email from FCC stating that the order is complete. Requests made prior to the completion of an order will not contain the courses on the current order and no money will be refunded.