FCC Testing Center
For the rest of the Spring semester to May 20, 2020, instruction and College services will be delivered remotely. Students and non-essential personnel should not be on the main campus or the Monroe Center. Students and employees should monitor their College email and the FCC COVID-19 webpage
We are actively responding to e-mail during the closure. Contact the Testing Center at: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Voicemails will not be checked until our return.
Online/face-to-face/hybrid spring 2020 course exams will not be proctored in the Testing Center. If necessary, accommodated testing for students with Success Plans can be scheduled for administration in the Testing Center by sending a request to the SSD office www.frederick.edu/ssd
upon our return to campus.
CLEP/DSST/ParaPro/ServSafe appointments are canceled and will be rescheduled individually upon our return to the office. You may send us an email to reschedule and we will follow up to confirm when we return. Please ensure you include your original appointment in your message so that we can assist you promptly. If you would like to schedule a new appointment, please email your request.
GED testing appointments have been canceled through May 20, 2020 per PearsonVUE notice.
NCCT exam for April 15 and May 20 are canceled.
As of 3/31/2020, placement testing through virtual proctoring is temporarily unavailable, please check back for an updated announcement.
Praxis/TOEFL/GRE exams scheduled March 17-May 20 are canceled per ETS/Prometric notice but candidates may reschedule for June/July/August dates online using their myPraxis/myTOEFL/myGRE accounts. Upon our return, please allow us sufficient time to sign-up or additional testing dates. FOR TOEFL and GRE candidates: ETS is working to make the at home option available in other affected areas through live ProctorU virtual proctoring. The remote proctored solution was developed specifically to address the immediate and urgent testing needs brought about by the coronavirus crisis. It will be deployed until the situation returns to complete normality with regular test center testing.
Testing for Health Sciences TBD.
The FCC Testing Center provides professional assessment services designed to enhance student learning, promote academic success, and support the diverse educational goals of all Frederick County residents. Our department is committed to providing all of our students, faculty, and community members with exceptional customer service while maintaining a learning environment which supports academic integrity and rigor.
Testing Center: Code of Conduct
All test candidates and visitors are expected to follow the FCC Code of Student Conduct, which includes guidelines on Academic Integrity as well as the regulations established by the National College Testing Association.
Before Your Test
When taking an exam in the Testing Center it is important that you:
Students with Accommodations
- Relax and smile. Staying positive improves test results.
- Remember to eat, drink, and get plenty of sleep the day before your test. There is no food or drink allowed in the Testing Center.
- Bring photo identification (Some exams require two photo identifications.) A driver’s license, Military ID, Employee ID, Student ID, or US passport are examples of acceptable IDs.
- Bring all required exam materials.
- Follow our locker procedure; all belongings will be stored in a locker prior to testing.
- Turn your cell phone off before putting it in the locker.
- Know your Student ID number. (FCC students only)
- Know your instructor’s last name. (FCC students only)
- Make childcare arrangements before you test. Children are not allowed in the Testing Center. Leaving a child unsupervised is a violation of College procedure. Be advised that all College employees are required to call Security if they have reasonable suspicion that a child has been left unsupervised.
- Please call us if you have a question.
The Testing Center works closely with Services for Students with Disabilities
(SSD) to provide specialized services for students with ADA accommodations. If you need special testing accommodations, contact Services for Students with Disabilities at 301.846.2408.
Frederick Community College prohibits discrimination against any person on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status in its activities, admissions, educational programs, and employment. Please speak with a Testing Center employee if you have a question about this notice.