What is Dual Enrollment
Dual enrollment students may meet with FCC advisors for assistance with scheduling Open Campus classes, choosing a major or career path, and connecting to college resources.
Dual Enrollment Advising
Dual enrollment students may meet with FCC advisors for assistance with scheduling classes, choosing a major or career path, and connecting to college resources.
Steps for Dual Enrollment Students:
- Complete an FCPS Open Campus Dual Enrollment Student Packet provided by your high school and ensure all paperwork is signed by student, parent, and school staff.
- Complete the online application for the College. Once the FCC student identification number is received, determine the need for placement testing:
- If exempt from placement testing, submit proof of the exemption to FCC.
- If not exempt, sit for the ACCUPLACER to determine college readiness.
- Complete Online Orientation
All Open Campus Dual Enrollment students are required to complete our comprehensive online orientation.
- Complete advising:
- Speak with your high school counselor about dual credit opportunities.
- If needed, meet with an FCC academic advisor to select the college course(s).
- Complete registration for the college course(s). This can be completed online or at Registration & Records at FCC.
- Your Dual Enrollment discount will automatically be applied to your account within a week of registering for your class(es).
- Pay for your course(s) by the appropriate Drop Zone deadline.
- Purchase textbooks.
- Attend course(s).
If you are a student under the age of 16, you must follow the steps for Students Under 16 Years of Age Advising.
Under 16 Advising