Frederick Community College (FCC) Veteran and Military Services (VMS) offers academic and support services for veterans, active duty personnel, National Guard and Reserve personnel, and their families. FCC participates in a variety of GI Bill® and military tuition payment options.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill
VMS provides a respectful and inclusive system of supports to help veterans and military members transition to life as a student. Our team works to help new students navigate the enrollment process to begin or continue towards education goals.
VMS offers comprehensive information so every new student can discover the academic and continuing education programs that align with their individual objectives.
All new students are required to set up an intake appointment with a staff member from FCC Veteran and Military Services.
VMS helps students distinguish and secure financial resources to pay for college, connects students with College and community services, provides academic advising, and more. We also help students adapt their service member training to the classroom. Additionally, the VMS team provides support to our students if they encounter obstacles or challenges as they are working towards their goals. Our goal is to help each veteran, active duty military, National Guard member, Reservist, and their family members achieve success in civilian and college life.
FCC Veteran and Military Services advisors will connect you with:
- Veteran and Military Student Center
- Personal counseling and referral to additional campus and community resources as needed
- Faculty mentors
- Veterans Club
- Workshops, events, and activities that address issues impacting veterans and military affiliated students
FCC Veteran and Military Services advisors will help you with:
- Academic advising and educational planning, including transfer planning
- Evaluating the various funding options available to veterans and military affiliated students
- Selecting an academic or continuing education program
- Career exploration