Welcome to FCC Veteran and Military Services (VMS). We are excited to work with you as you pursue your educational and career goals.
- All new students are required to submit the electronic VMS intake form prior to scheduling an appointment. Once you submit the intake form, we will email you a checklist of “next steps” to complete along with the link to schedule an intake appointment with a VMS staff member.
- If you have a Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE), Certificate of Eligibility, please email them to Veteran and Military Services using the Secure Document Submission form or bring them to your intake appointment.
- All Reservists and National Guard members should have their official military transcripts and any prior college transcripts submitted to the Records and Registration Center for evaluation of transferrable credit. FCC will accept up to 45 credits in military and other transfer credits toward an FCC program of study. Official military transcript requests may be made via the following links:
- Attend the Veteran and Military Services Orientation program for new students. (Details will be provided at your intake appointment.)
- To learn more about College Credit by Examination (CLEP & DSST), check out the DANTES site.
VMS staff provide academic advising services to Reservists and National Guard members. We will work with you to identify your academic and career goals and assist you in developing a plan to meet those goals. If you have already completed an intake appointment with us, schedule an Advising Appointment with our office to develop a plan and to register for your classes.
Paying for College
As a Reservist or National Guard member, you may have several options to consider for financing your education. The VMS staff will discuss the various options with you during your appointment.
- Maryland National Guard Tuition Assistance Programs: There are several options available. Check out the information page to see which option works for you.
- VA Educational Benefits: FCC is approved by the Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) for the training of eligible veterans, their dependents, and active duty personnel. FCC may certify enrollment to the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) for approved programs of study. If you are unsure which type of VA education benefit you qualify for, you may contact the VA Call Center by phone at 1.888.442.4551 or visit the VA website. You will need to provide your social security number when you make the call.
- Military Tuition Assistance (TA): Each military service branch has an education program to help its service members reach their education goals. Visit the service branch education portals to discover the resources available for you on your educational journey. All service branch education programs are accessible here, or at the individual websites below.
- Financial Aid and Scholarships: Reservists and National Guard service members may apply for local, state, and federal aid options including scholarships, grants, work-study positions, and student loans. FCC Financial Aid staff are available to discuss options.
Members of the National Guard and Reservists are eligible for Priority Registration. To participate in Priority Registration, students must provide documentation of their service.
Application for Priority Registration
In-State Tuition Rate
Please refer to the FCC Residency Policy for information regarding tuition and fees for veterans, military members, and dependents.
- Reservists and National Guard members who are current students should regularly check the FCC Veteran and Military Services Blackboard Site for information and updates.
- Students receiving VA education benefits through Montgomery GI Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR) 1606 will not receive their monthly payment until they have certified their enrollment via Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE). This must be done monthly.
- Students using the National Guard Tuition Waiver must bring a copy of their waiver eligibility letter to Student Accounts each semester.
- If you apply to use National Guard Waiver, Tuition Assistance, any type of employee/third party reimbursement, and/or any scholarship paying tuition and fees at the same time as you are using the VA benefits at FCC, you must immediately notify the FCC VA Certifying Official by email at [email protected].
- Reservist and National Guard graduates should contact VMS (Annapolis Hall, A-109) to request the Military Cord for the Commencement ceremony. See the Commencement page for other important reminders.