All applicants must:
- Apply for admission to Frederick Community College if not an existing student. Please provide all official high school and college transcripts when applying to FCC.
- Submit FAFSA to demonstrate financial need.
- PLEASE NOTE: The School Code for FCC is 002071 (Step 6 of FAFSA)
- You will need specific income information, such as completed tax forms, to complete the FAFSA. If you have questions or need assistance, contact the Federal Processor at 1.800.433.3243 or FCC Financial Aid at 301.846.2620.
- Complete the STEM Scholars Application Form, which includes:
- Uploading of high school, GED, and/or college transcripts.
- A statement describing any extracurricular activities or work experience that you would like to share with the scholarship committee. These activities do not need to be STEM related.
- An essay highlighting your interest and motivations for pursuing a STEM degree. Essay should be written by the applicant and include the student's academic and career plans, motivations for pursuing a STEM degree, and why they are a good fit for the program. Essay should be approximately 500 words, typed, double-spaced, and in a 12 point font.
- One Letter of Recommendation from a STEM instructor/teacher, Guidance Counselor, or STEM professional. The application form asks you to input your recommender's contact information (name & email). Contacts will automatically receive an automated email with instructions to provide a letter of recommendation. We recommend reaching out to your contacts directly to inform them of the recommendation request and application deadline.
- Demonstrate college readiness in Math and English. Click here for more information about placement testing requirements.
Please Note: Applications must be submitted via the electronic application form above. If you do not have access to the internet, please use a computer at your high school, a public library, or at the FCC Learning Commons.
Deadline: For best consideration, please submit your application by December 15, 2023. Applications will be accepted after the best consideration date until the beginning of the following semester or until all spots have been filled.