Business Plan Contest
The FCC Business Plan Contest is for currently enrolled FCC students. Interested students with a business idea will develop a complete business plan that will be evaluated by a panel of area business leaders. Similar to the popular television show, “Shark Tank,” the contest will culminate in presentations to a panel of experts. These judges will choose the winning business plans and the winning students will receive scholarships that may be used at FCC or a transfer college. Prizes are not transferable to other persons.
- First place is a $2,500 scholarship
- Second place is a $1,500 scholarship
- Third place is a $1,000 scholarship
Students who wish to enter the contest should complete the online application
by March 22, 2019, 11:59 p.m. The plan should be submitted
on or before April 12, 2019, 11:59 p.m. Finalists will be notified by April 19, 2019. The final presentations will be on Wednesday, April 24, 2019, beginning at 11:00a.m. in the FCC Conference Center, Room E126, on the main campus.
Interested in finding out more?
Students are encouraged to contact Professors Larry Devan
or Michael Dailey
with questions regarding their business plans.
Instructions for Submitting Your Business Plan
Business Plan Contest Rules
Business Plan Outline
Financial Model Example
2019 Contest Committee Members:
- Provide a cover page with the name of the proposed business and person(s) submitting the business plan.
- The plan must follow the outline and use the section headings provided.
- All materials must be prepared in at least 11 point font.
- All materials must be checked for spelling and grammatical errors.
- Students who wish to enter FCC's Business Plan Contest, should complete the online application on or before March 22, 2019, 11:59 p.m.
- Students must review all Business Plan Contest Rules prior to final submission. The plan should be submitted on or before April 12, 2019, 11:59 p.m..
Doree Lynn Miles
Karen A. Wilson