FCC Career Boot Camp
FCC Career Boot camp
July 15-19, 2019
9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Free for 2019 FCPS graduates accepted to FCC – Apply by June 14
This free program is designed for recent Frederick County Public Schools (FCPS) graduates who have been accepted and plan to attend Frederick Community College (FCC). Over the course of a week, students will explore their personal strengths, meet local employers, and discover academic and career options. Students who successfully complete the program will be eligible to receive a Career Boot Camp Scholarship provided by the FCC Foundation.
Career Boot Camp will allow students to:
- Identify skills, interests, and personality traits that can connect to FCC majors
- Work closely with career and academic advisors
- Create short- and long-term academic and career goals
- Visit employers in Frederick and learn about career tracks they offer
- Meet FCC academic program managers
- Learn about FCC campus resources available to increase student success
- Connect with other incoming FCC students
- Complete the ROAR New Student Orientation process
Career Boot Camp will help students answer these common questions:
- Do I need a college degree to do the job that I want to do?
- What type of degree or training do I need?
- How do I choose a major? How do I know it is “right” for me?
- Would my interests make a good career?
- What majors/degrees/training options are offered at FCC?
- Will I need to transfer?
To be eligible for Career Boot Camp, a student must be a 2019 FCPS high school graduate who has applied and plans to attend FCC in summer or fall 2019.
To apply for Career Boot Camp:
Participants will be selected based on their completed application. Enrollment is limited to the first 20 completed applications. For more information, contact email@example.com