Testing Center Student Resources
If you are taking a placement exam, check out our Placement Testing section for more detailed information. We are committed to providing a welcoming and stress-free environment for every test we offer. Always bring your photo ID whenever you come to the Testing Center.
- Relax and Smile! Staying positive improves test results.
- Remember to eat, drink, and get plenty of sleep the day before your test. There is no food or drink allowed in the testing center.
- Bring photo identification (Some exams require two photo identifications.) A driver’s license, Military ID, Employee ID, Student ID or US passport are examples of acceptable IDs. Any testing candidate who does not produce valid photo identification will not be permitted to test.
- Bring all required exam materials.
- Follow our Locker Procedure; all belongings will be stored in a locker prior to testing.
- Turn your cell phone off before putting it in the locker.
- Know your Student ID number (FCC students only)
- Know your instructor’s last name (FCC students only)
- Make childcare arrangements before you test. Children are not allowed in the Testing Center. Leaving a child unsupervised on campus is a violation of college procedure 6.32c. All college employees are required to call security if they have reasonable suspicion that a child has been left unsupervised on campus.
- Please call us if you have a question!
Frederick Community College prohibits discrimination against any person on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status in its activities, admissions, educational programs, and employment. Please speak with a Testing Center employee if you have a question about this notice.
ADA Accommodations Testing
The FCC Testing Center works closely with the Office of Services for Students with Disabilities to provide services for students with ADA accommodations. See the Disability Services
page for process.
If you need to make up a test for a class at FCC
The Testing Center provides make-up testing for students who are unable to test in the classroom because of an accident, illness, or other excused absence from class. To use make-up testing services:
Distance Learning Test Proctoring
- Contact your instructor regarding your reason for missing an exam. The instructor will then send the test to the Testing Center.
- You must know your instructor’s last name when you come to take the test, since everything is filed alphabetically by instructor.
- You must know the expiration date of your test (the test is returned to the instructor if you have not taken it by the specified date).
- Check the Testing Center hours to allow enough time to finish before daily closing times. Otherwise you will need to fill out a waiver stating that you understand you did not have the allotted time to take your test.
- Make sure to bring your photo ID to the Testing Center! It’s required for all of our tests and we can’t let you in otherwise.
The Testing Center provides an on-campus, proctored testing environment that is required for the increasing number of FCC students who take online courses. Your instructor will provide you with dates and the mode of delivery for your on-campus exam, along with any other pertinent instructions.
Non-FCC Course Tests
If you would like to schedule a test for an online course that is from another college or university, we require a proctoring fee, payable at the time of the exam. The process for these tests (external distance learning exams, employment certification tests, etc) is as follows:
- Contact the institution that is sponsoring your course to have the exam sent to the Testing Center at FCC.
- Make an appointment to take the test with us once you know that we’ve received the exam (we can check for you when you call to schedule your test). Check the Testing Center hours to allow enough time to finish before daily closing times.
- A photo ID is required to take the exam.
- The proctoring fee must be paid on the day the exam is taken. The Testing Center accepts cash or checks (credit card payments must be made at the Student Accounts Office in the Student Services building (J119). The Student Accounts Office closes at 8:00 pm Monday through Thursday, 4:30 pm on Friday and is not open on Saturdays). The Testing Center is unable to make change if paying in cash.
Please call the Testing Center at 301.846.2522 for additional information on proctoring services.
CLEP/DSST Credit-By-Examination Testing
FCC's Testing Center is an open testing location for both College Level Examination Programs. Tests are given on an appointment only basis and pre-registration is required.
- A registration form and non-refundable $30 proctoring fee must be received by the Testing Center before an appointment will be made.
- Contact the Testing Center at 301.846.2522 to schedule your appointment after you have submitted your registration form and proctoring fee.
- A photo ID is required to take all exams in the Testing Center.
- For more information about CLEP, click here.
- For more information about DSST, click here.