Tutoring & Writing Center (TWC)
The Tutoring & Writing Center is located in the Learning Commons, 2nd Floor of Linganore Hall.
• Free tutoring/learning assistance for many courses
• Get a better understanding of course assignments and concepts
• Get individualized assistance with writing, reading, and learning strategies
• Work in the computer lab
Drop in on your own or with a small group
Do I need an appointment?
Just drop in! No appointment needed.
Hours for Summer Term:
Monday and Thursday: 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday and Wednesday: 11:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Friday - Sunday: CLOSED
What subjects does the Tutoring & Writing Center support?
|American Sign Language
|English--Literature, Composition, Writing, Reading
|ESL: English as a Second Language
||Study skills coaching
CAN I GET ASSISTANCE IN OTHER SUBJECTS? YES!
Looking for math or science assistance? Visit the STEM Learning Center!
• Write more clearly for ANY class
• Cite research in MLA, APA, or Chicago style
• Better read and comprehend textbooks/articles for ANY class
• Take good class notes
• Prepare and study for tests
• Improve your English listening/speaking skills--ESL resources
What online resources are available to help me improve my academic skills?