Tutoring & Writing Center (TWC)
• Free tutoring/learning assistance for many courses
• Get a better understanding of course assignments and concepts
• Get individualized assistance with writing, reading, and learning strategies
• Work in the computer lab
Drop in on your own or with a small group
Do I need an appointment?
Just drop in! No appointment needed.
CURRENT TUTORING SCHEDULE-Fall 2015.
What subjects does the Tutoring & Writing Center support?
• American Sign Language
• Communications/Speech/Group Discussion
• English--Literature, Composition, Writing, Reading
• ESL: English as a Second Language
• Human Services
• Study skills coaching
• Writing/Research--ALL CLASSES, ALL LEVELS
CAN I GET ASSISTANCE IN OTHER SUBJECTS? YES!
Looking for math or science assistance? Visit the STEM Learning Center!
Need help in Biology or Anatomy & Physiology
Looking for help with courses from the Computing & Business Technology department
, specifically accounting, business, economics, or computer science? Drop in room KC 200, on the second floor between Braddock Hall and Catoctin Hall: CBT Learning Center schedule
• Write more clearly for ANY class
• Cite research in MLA, APA, or Chicago style
• Better read and comprehend textbooks/articles for ANY class
• Take good class notes
• Prepare and study for tests
• Improve your English listening/speaking skills--ESL resources
Changes in Tutoring Services
What online resources are available to help you improve your academic skills?
: Beginning June 2015, Tutoring Services is now integrated with the Writing Center and shares space with Library Services in L-106 in Linganore Hall.