1098-T Information

The Tax Payer Relief Act of 1997 includes provisions for the American Opportunity Credit and the Lifetime Learning Credit. Both credits allow certain taxpayers who have incurred qualified expenses for higher education to take a credit against their federal income tax liability. Educational institutions are required by law to provide information to students who may qualify for the education credits. Schools, colleges and universities report this information to the IRS and to students on Form 1098-T. The 1098-T form should not be attached to your federal income tax return when you claim the education credits (as W-2 forms are). Student Loans are not recorded on the 1098-T. Payments made by a Third Party will be recorded in Box 5.

We only report amounts billed to the student. Students are billed immediately when they register for a class. This means that the charges shown in Box 2 only reflect classes billed to the student during that calendar year. Payments are not reflected on the 1098-T. 
How do I view my 1098-T

 • Log on to your account PeopleSoft  (link to PeopleSoft login page)

 • From your Student Center, under the Finances tab, click link to view 1098-T

 • Choose the tax year that you wish to view


 • Log on to your account PeopleSoft  (link to PeopleSoft login page)

 • Click on Self Service on the left hand side menu

 • Select  Campus Finances  in the middle of the page

 • Select View 1098-T and choose the tax year that you wish to view

What do I do with the 1098-T form?

The purpose of the 1098-T is to help you and/or your tax professional determine if you are eligible for the American Opportunity Credit or the Lifetime Learning Credit. The 1098-T is just informational.

Why didn’t I receive a 1098-T form?

1098-T forms are not issued to students who did not complete registration for credit classes during that calendar year. 1098-T forms are also not sent to students who have only registered for Continuing Education classes.

How can I get my invoice?

You can request an invoice by contacting the Student Accounts Office by phone or email. Invoices can only be mailed to the student or sent to their myFCC email account.

Student Accounts 301.846.2456 or email the cashier's office

What time period does my 1098-T cover?

Charges shown in Box 2 only reflect classes billed to the student during that calendar year. Reporting activity on a calendar year basis may create a timing difference on the student's 1098-T. This is most apparent during the registration for J-Term and Spring semester. This difference is caused by enrollment activity being posted in a different calendar year. For instance, if you register for a Spring semester course in December of the previous year, then the charges will be reflected on the 1098-T from the calendar year in which you registered.

Financial Aid


Email: Financial Aid
Jefferson Hall
Suite J-301 (third floor)
Phone: 301.846.2480
Fax: 301.624.2886

Current office hours:

Monday - Thursday
8:30 a.m.- 8:00 p.m

8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.


Student Accounts 

Email: Student Accounts
Jefferson Hall
Suite J-119 (first floor)
Phone: 301-846-2658
Fax: 301-846-2648

Current office hours:
Monday  - Thursday

8:30a.m.- 8:00p.m.

8:30a.m. - 4:30p.m.


Foundation Scholarship Grant Application
Student Right to Know
ROAR New Student Orientation
Career Coach
Dual Enrollment