Be Prepared and Earn College Credit
In the face of an emergency, community resilience relies heavily on planning, preparation, and knowledge. The Mid-Atlantic Center for Emergency Management (MACEM) at FCC provides essential knowledge for professionals to prepare for, respond to, and recover from local disasters and emerging threats in today’s world.
In this era of increased technological and natural disasters, as well as active shooter incidents, educators and school emergency response teams must know how to quickly and effectively react to a variety of emergency situations in order to ensure the safety and security of students, staff, and school.
Steps to Complete and Convert Professional Development Courses
- Complete FEMA-EMI-IS program courses at training.fema.gov/is/crslist.aspx
- Convert coursework and order college credit at https://em-study.com/emsfema/
- Receive an FCC transcript reflecting college credit (allow at least four weeks for processing – rush service is not available.)
Be sure to visit FEMA IS Credit Conversion for complete details and information regarding this conversion process.
FEMA Training for School Emergency Response Teams
A provider of formal training and preparation, MACEM is recommending a collection of relevant and valuable FEMA Independent Study (IS) courses empowering school emergency response teams to
- Acquire critical, relevant information
- Complete work online or on campus
- Earn college credits or a degree
- Fulfill job credentials
- Advance professional qualifications
Essential Training and Professional Development Opportunities
A proud FEMA partner, MACEM reviews and agrees to awards college credit for successful completion of FEMA IS courses meeting college rigor. These select courses may count toward the professional development requirements of various departments and agencies. Prior to enrollment, be sure to confirm courses are accepted by your Professional Development and/or Certification Dept. and would fulfill specific professional development requirements.
Visit the MACEM FEMA IS Conversion page
to follow steps to convert the below courses into college credit upon completion.
- An Introduction to Hazardous Materials (1 credit)
- Leadership and Influence (1 credit)
- Decision Making and Problem Solving (1 credit)
- Effective Communication (1 credit)
- Introduction to Community Emergency Response Teams (1 credit)
- Community Hurricane Preparedness (1 credit)
- Preparing for Mass Casualty Incidents: A Guide for Schools, Higher Education, and Houses of Worship (1 credit)
- Multi-Hazard Emergency Planning for Schools (1 credit)
College Records and Transcripts
As an accredited institution, FCC awards college credit to individuals completing the credit conversion process for eligible courses. Upon successful completion of this process, a student record is created and/or updated with one (1) college credit and a ‘P’ for passing each course (‘P’ is equivalent to a grade of ‘C’ or better and does not factor into calculating a student’s GPA.)
We look forward to working with you to achieve your goals. Please contact us with questions.
Mid-Atlantic Center for Emergency Management
Email Emergency Management