WHO MAY USE THE GLADHILL LEARNING COMMONS?
FCC students, faculty and staff have priority use of all Gladhill Learning Commons’ technology, space, and services. Community members may use the space and certain designated resources as time and space permit.
WHO MAY USE THE TUTORING AND WRITING CENTER SERVICES?
Tutoring and Writing Center services are available to all current FCC students, no appointment necessary. Former FCC students and community members may have one session per week.
WHO MAY BORROW LIBRARY MATERIALS?
- FCC students, faculty, and staff. Present your College ID card to check out materials.
- Students and faculty at other schools that offer reciprocal borrowing with FCC may check out books and DVDs. Present the ID from your "home" institution.
- Community residents of Frederick County may check out books and DVDs. You may use your Frederick County Public Library card.
BOOK AND DVD BORROWING PERIODS
For students and staff:
- 30-day loan period; 1 renewal if there is no hold on an item by another patron
- 20-book limit
- 30-day loan period, 3 renewals semester loan
For community residents:
- 30 days, no renewals
- 5-book limit
RECALLING A BOOK OR DVD
Any item may be recalled for prompt return, at the request of faculty. Library staff will recall library materials by phone.
BILLING FOR LATE RETURNS
Items that are not returned or renewed after the 30-day loan period will be considered lost.
The borrower is responsible for replacement costs. Checkout privileges, transcript release, and registration will be blocked for those who have been billed for library materials.
If the borrower returns items after paying for replacement, full reimbursement will be made.