The Writing Center
Our mission is to empower you to become the kind of writer, reader, and critical thinker who succeeds in college and beyond. Learn how to develop, organize, and proofread your own writing; make sense of your reading assignments; or hone your study skills.
The Center is open Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. and Friday 10:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
Why visit the Writing Center?Get up to 30 minutes of FREE tutoring for ANY writing or reading assignment, for ANY class - no appointment needed. Drop in to this relaxed computer-based environment and ask us about . . .
- how to write an essay, a summary, a research paper, a resume, a wiki, a blog, or anything else you are writing!
- how to tackle MLA, APA, or other citation styles!
- how to smooth out your grammar and punctuation!
- how to boost your comprehension of your college reading - read smarter!
What should you bring with you when you visit?
- Class syllabus
- Instructor's assignment guidelines
- Copies of your research materials (articles, websites)
- Notes, outlines, and early drafts you've written, though we can still help even if you haven't written anything yet!
Who staffs the Writing Center?
The professional staff will ask you clarifying questions, discuss the strengths and weaknesses of your writing, and ensure that you are getting better at actively reading, revising, and editing your work.