Welcome to Our Virtual Library Orientation...
Our orientation is designed to familiarize you with the facilities, services, and resources of FCC's Library, which is located on the second floor of "L" building on campus. We hope that you'll become a frequent visitor!
What you will learn here:
- Why the Library is still the best place to start research on a paper or project
- Where our resources and equipment are located and what services are available
- How to select and focus a topic
- How to use the Library Catalog to find print books, electronic books, and videos/DVDs
- How to use the Library's Research Databases to find magazine, journal, newspaper articles, and other documents for your research
- Methods for evaluating information on the "open Web" (information found by using search engines, like Google or Ask.com)
- The importance of documenting and citing the information sources you use for a paper or project