Medicine, Nursing, and Health
These resources are limited to FCC-affiliated users. Ask Library staff for more info, call 301-846-2444, or contact Ask a Reference Librarian.
· Healthfinder: Sites in medicine and health, online journals, libraries, etc.
· Lippincott's Nursing Center: Continuing Education Connection (CEC). Full-text articles from a variety of nursing journals that have accompanying tests to measure comprehension.
· Mayo Clinic: Healthy Lifestyle :Information on nutrition, fitness, healthy aging, work life, men's and women's health and more.
· MEDLINE Plus: Health Information: Find information on hundreds of diseases, conditions, and drugs. Also includes access to MEDLINE, a database with citations to hundreds of medical journal articles.
· Medscape: Reference sources on diseases and drugs, full-text medical journals, medical dictionary, daily medical news, MEDLINE, etc.
· Merck Manual: The authoritative reference for medical diagnosis and therapy.
· Online Journal of Issues in Nursing: Forum for discussion and debate by peer-reviewed authors with commentaries by nurses in practice. Jointly developed by the American Nurses Association and the Kent State University School of Nursing.