Books and Book Reviews
These resources are limited to FCC-affiliated users. Ask Library staff for more info, call 301-846-2444, or contact Ask a Reference Librarian.
· Alex: A catalogue of electronic texts in English literature, American literature, and Western philosophy.
· Amazon.com: Books and Reviews: A major bookseller on the Web, Amazon.com also provides annotations or brief reviews to thousands of books.
· BookWire: A wealth of information--reviews, information on author tours, interviews, and book industry news.
· New York Times on the Web: Book Reviews: Requires registration (free, and it only takes a couple of minutes!). Once you register and log in, click on "Books" in the navigation pane on the left. Access to over 50,000 reviews from 1981 to the present.
· Project Gutenberg: Electronic texts of hundreds of classic, out-of-copyright titles from Aesop's Fables to Frankenstein to Heart of Darkness.