The Counseling & Advising (C&A) Office can help students with “transition-to-college” issues and personal issues affecting their ability to succeed in class. Students can arrange an appointment with a counselor by calling the C&A Office at 301-846-2471 or 301-846-2625 TDD.
Counselors serve as a resource for students in crisis; however, students who have on-going, long-term, or therapeutic counseling needs are referred to agencies in the community. Contact information for some Frederick County counseling resources is listed below:
- Frederick County Hotline 301-662-2255
- Frederick County Mental Health Services 301-694-1755
- Mental Health Association of Frederick County, Inc. 301-663-0011
- Western Maryland 2-1-1
- Maryland Community Services Locator
- Frederick Community College's Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program