The Writing Center
Writing Center staff are here to empower you to become the kind of writer, reader, and critical thinker who succeeds in college and beyond. Our professional staff will work with you to help you learn how to develop, organize, and proofread your own writing; make sense of your reading assignments; or hone your study skills.
WRITING CENTER GUIDE
Writing-related videos and websites! Help with generating ideas, organizing and outlining, revising and proofreading, understanding plagiarism, and citing sources!
10 steps to academic success!
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Saturday: 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Why visit the Writing Center?
Get up to 30 minutes of FREE tutoring for ANY writing or reading assignment, for ANY class - no appointment needed. Drop in to this relaxed computer-based environment and ask us about . . .
What should you bring with you when you visit?
- how to write an essay, a summary, a research paper, a resume, a wiki, a blog, or anything else you are writing
- how to tackle MLA, APA, or other citation styles
- how to smooth out your grammar and punctuation
- how to boost your comprehension of your college reading - read smarter
- Class syllabus
- Instructor's assignment guidelines
- Copies of your research materials (articles, websites)
- Notes, outlines, and early drafts you've written, though we can still help even if you haven't written anything yet!
Who staffs the Writing Center?
The professional staff will ask you clarifying questions, discuss the strengths and weaknesses of your writing, and ensure that you are getting better at actively reading, revising, and editing your work.