Frederick Community College (FCC) welcomes veterans, active duty personnel, National Guard and Reserve personnel and their families. FCC is a Service members Opportunity Colleges (SOC) Consortium Member, participates in a variety of GI Bill and military tuition payment options and is approved for the Yellow Ribbon Program.
Services to veterans, active duty, and dependents include:
The Frederick Community College Veteran Services office offers academic and support services for Veterans enrolling into classes at FCC. We strive to provide a respectful and inclusive link for our returning veterans to become successful in civilian and college life. Our focus is on wellness and helping guide veterans in adapting the skills they developed from military training and combat experience to the classroom. We provide a “One-Stop-Shop” where veterans and families can get all needed information and assistance in one place.
- Navigation through the admissions process - completing the application, understanding regulations, knowing deadlines, and identifying required supporting documents
- Interpretation of VA regulations to ensure compliance
- Processing of veteran’s educational benefits
- Interpretation of campus policies and procedures
- Academic advising & educational planning, including transfer planning
- Change of major and job placement/career exploration activities
- Liaison/consultant to faculty and staff on veteran student concerns
- Connection to a faculty mentoring team & Veterans Club
- Campus referrals
- Personal counseling and referral to additional resources as needed
- Workshops, events, and activities that address issues impacting veterans
FCC is approved by the Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) for the training of eligible veterans, their dependents, and active duty personnel. FCC may certify enrollment to the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) for approved programs of study. The benefit recipient may be responsible for paying their own tuition and fees each semester.
If you are unsure which type of VA education benefit you qualify for, you may contact the VA Call Center by phone at 1-888-442-4551 or visit the VA Web site at http://www.gibill.va.gov/. You will need to provide your social security number (or that of your sponsor, if applying for benefits under a parent or spouse) when you make the call.
If you have a question about Go Army Ed/Tuition Assistance, National Guard Waiver, or MyCAA, please contact the Welcome & Registration Center at 301.846.2431 for the appropriate procedure.