Other Types of Financial Assistance
DEFERRED PAYMENT PLAN (FACTS)
FCC offers a payment plan for our academic students for both fall and spring terms. Students pay a minimal (non-refundable) application fee, then make a series of payments over the course of the semester. You will need to login to your Peoplesoft account to sign up for the payment plan.
Once enrolled, the payments will automatically be deducted on the 5th of each month from your designated bank account or credit card. To learn more and to sign up, click the payment plan link above. The student finance office receives immediate notification of your enrollment which secures your seat in the class!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not assume your balance will automatically be adjusted if financial aid is received or a class is dropped or added. You should review your agreement balance online through My FACTS Account or call the Student Accounts Office to confirm the change.
For more information, stop by the Student Accounts Office in the Student Services Building (J119), or contact them at 301.846.2456.
WAIVERS AND TUITION REDUCTIONSTuition waivers are available for the following:
- Persons 60 years and older
- Persons retired due to disability
- 50% Tuition Waiver for Maryland National Guard
- In-county tuition is offered to Maryland residents for specific health care majors.
MILITARY TUITION ASSISTANCE and VETERANS BENEFITS
Active duty, Reservist and retired military personnel may be eligible for educational benefits. These include:
- Military Tuition Assistance for active duty military (contact your Post or Base Education Office for eligibility and procedures).
- Veterans Benefits for retired service members (FCC has a VA certifying official in the Financial Aid Office to assist with procedures regarding VA Benefits and the GI Bill). Contact our VA rep at 240-624-2836 or click here for more information.
- Education Benefits for Reservists (contact your Education Officer for information on benefits and procedures). FCC offers a 50% tuition waiver for members of the Maryland National Guard. See the FCC College catalog for details.
To view additional information about Military Education Benefits, go to http://www.military.com/Careers/Education.
FREDERICK COUNTY WORKFORCE SERVICESNeed help paying for your classes? Through a grant-funded program, Frederick County Workforce Services offers tuition assistance to Frederick County residents who are either unemployed or underemployed according to established income guidelines. Candidates must demonstrate proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status. For more information and to find out if you qualify, please contact Frederick County Workforce Services at (301) 600-2255. Ask to speak to a career specialist, who will be more than happy to assist you!
The Office of Adult Services is located on the first floor of "A" Building in the Counseling Center. This office offers a variety of services to adult students returning to college. Some financial assistance is available. For more information, stop by their office or check out the Adult Services web page.
The FCC Transfer Center has compiled a list of scholarships that may be available for FCC students who are transferring to other schools. Check out the Transfer Center web page for information on these scholarships.
The Federal Government has designed the Hope Credit and the Lifelong Learning Tax Credits as possible options to assist families who are paying for educational expenses. Click here to find out more about whether you qualify for these tax credits.
EMPLOYER EDUCATIONAL BENEFITS
Your employer may offer educational benefits to assist employees with furthering their education. Check with your Human Resources Department for details.