Placement in appropriate ESL courses is determined by students’ individual goals and levels of English language proficiency at the time of enrollment.
Academic (credit) courses are designed for students who:
• have had some instruction in English,
• wish to focus on academic English skills, including listening, speaking, reading and writing,
• want to prepare for the rigors of college-level credit courses,
• need to improve public speaking and business communication skills, or
• need to improve writing in professional situations.