Welcome to the FCC Blackboard Support Web Site
*You should be able to login to your course by the Thursday immediately prior to the semester start date
- How to login
- First Time User
- Forgot Password
- Cannot Find Class
- Update Email Address
- Mt. Airy Student Login Information
If you still need help click here for assistance.
Need to know the basics? Getting Started In Blackboard .
LOGIN TO YOUR COURSE PROPERLYLogin prior to the class start date:
You should be able to login to your course by the Thursday immediately prior to the semester start date by following the steps below.
Note: You cannot login to your course until you have officially registered for the course.
To register for your course, access the student Registration System.
If you register during the week prior or week after the semester start date for the course, you will not be able to login until one day after you have registered. Additionally, first time Blackboard users will not be able to login until 10 AM the following business day of the registration completed during the week prior or after the class start date.
If you took a class in Blackboard over one year ago, you may need to wait until the Thursday immediately prior to semester start date to login.
Click http://frederick.blackboard.com/ to open an Internet Explorer with the Blackboard Login Page.
- Click the "Login" button.
- Enter your username: Click the "username" box. Then type your username which is w+student id (ex. w1234567). Click the "login" button.
- Enter your password: Click on the "password" box. First time users enter the first two letters of your last name and the last five digits of your student id.
- Example: If your username is w1234567, type w1234567 in the "username" box and la12345 in the "password" box.
If you have followed the above and can not login, please click here.
RESETTING YOUR PASSWORD
- Navigate to the Blackboard Login Page
- Click the "Login" button.
- Click the Forgot Password link. You must have a valid email address setup in Blackboard to use the automated password reset function. If you are unable to reset your password using the automated function or do not receive an email with your password, please complete the Blackboard assistance form.
Note: If you choose the second option to reset your password, you must respond to the email before the password is reset
CAN SUCCESSFULLY LOG INTO BLACKBOARD BUT CAN NOT SEE CLASS.1) Have you officially registered for the class? Classes will be made available by the Thursday immediately prior to the class start date.
If you register during the week prior or week after the class start date, the class generally will be available by 10 AM the next business day.
2 ) Contact your instructor if the class still does not appear after following the guidelines listed in number 1. To contact your instructor please visit our Staff Directory.
UPDATE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS
You must have a valid FCC email address established in Blackboard to participate in the class.
- Login to Blackboard
- Enter one of your course sites (you must have access to a course to change your personal information)
- Click on Student Tools
- Click on Edit Personal Information in Blackboard
- Update email address with your MyFCC email address.
- Click Submit
- Click here for more email information.